The Buchanan County Health Trust is pleased to award over $58,500 in grant funding to the following area organizations to fulfill their requests for health related projects and equipment.
- $15,741 to the Brandon Volunteer Fire Department for the purchase of new bunker gear
- $2,580 to St. Athanasius School for COVID mitigation supplies and hands-free water filling station
- $5,000 to the Buchanan County Sherriff’s Department for medical supplies and equipment for the “Rescue Program”
- $22,899 to Buchanan County Health Center for intravenous supplies and medication holders for the MedSurg Department; an eye cart stretcher and epidural chair for the Surgery Department; a lift assist chair for Lexington Estate; IV training equipment and supplies for the Clinical Education Department, and a medical vascular doppler for BCHC Family Medicine – Jesup
- $2,000 to Jay’s Closet for outdoor drop-off implementation
- $5,100 to St. John School for hands-free water filling stations
- $3,398 to Independence Parks & Recreation Department for AEDs
- $1,845 to Kidsville Early Learning Center for a hands-free water filling station
Currently accepting grant request applications for July 2021 review, the Buchanan County Health Trust is a nonprofit organization exclusively for charitable, education, and scientific purposes which benefit or support the medical and health care for persons within Buchanan County. Since its foundation in 1989, the Health Trust has granted over $700,000 to nonprofit organizations within Buchanan County.
The next deadline to submit a grant request application is June 15th. Applications may be found online at BuchananHealthTrust.com. For more information about the Buchanan County Health Trust, please contact 319-332-0905.