(Independence, IA)-On March 2nd, the Buchanan County Health Trust held their first meeting of 2017, welcoming new board members Mark Collett of Jesup, Tanya Greiner of Independence, and Denise Rorabaugh of Winthrop. Members of the Buchanan County Health Trust Board of Directors also include Ann Kegler (President), Stephanie Berns (Vice President), Michelle McBride (Secretary/Treasurer), Scott Meador, Susie Bevans, and Sherri Kavalier (Past President).
The Buchanan County Health Trust was pleased to award over $13,000 to the following organizations to provide funding for or towards health related projects and equipment.
- $3,000 to the Buchanan County EMS Association for trauma and CPR training equipment
- $1,895 to the Urgent Care Department of Buchanan County Health Center for a vitals machine
- $3,000 to Winthrop EMS for an AED
- $1,214 to the Independence Fire Department for CPR/AED training equipment
- $1,400 to the Med/Surg Department of Buchanan County Health Center for a nasogastric training equipment
- $1,000 to the Monti Community Center for an AED
- $1,800 to Little Island Childcare Center of Fairbank for an AED and cot sheets for infection control
Currently accepting grant request applications for July review, the Buchanan County Health Trust is a nonprofit organization exclusively for charitable, education, and scientific purposes which benefit or support the medical and health care for persons within Buchanan County. Since its foundation in 1989, the Health Trust has granted over $510,000 to nonprofit organizations in Buchanan County.
The deadline to submit a grant request application is June 15th. Applications can be found online at BuchananHealthTrust.com. For more information about the Buchanan County Health Trust, please contact 319-332-0905.