On July 14th, the Buchanan County Health Trust held their second board meeting of 2016. Members of the Buchanan County Health Trust Board of Directors include Sherri Kavalier (President), Ann Kegler (Vice President), Michelle McBride (Secretary/Treasurer), Susie Bevans (Past President), Stephanie Berns, Paul Gudenkauf, Don Sabin, Judy Ferreter, and Scott Meador.
The Buchanan County Health Trust was pleased to award over $10,000 to the following organizations to provide funding for or towards health related projects and equipment.
- $700 to Buchanan County Health Center Wellness Department for new CPR mannequins for instructional training
- $1,699 to Friends of Cedar Rock for an AED Defibrillator
- $1,500 to St. Athanasius School for heart rate monitors to be included in the physical education curriculum
- $1,127 to Kidsville Early Learning Center for new infant/toddler strollers
- $350 to the Buchanan County Animal Shelter for Fitbit Pedometers to be used in walking trail program
- $624 to the State University of Iowa Foundation on behalf of the Iowa Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center to help fund the cost of lab work for the Northern Iowa Old Order Amish Comprehensive Hemophilia Outreach Clinic
- $2,929 to the Lamont EMS for new radio communication equipment
- $1,200 to the Buchanan County EMS Association for a laptop computer and printer
Currently accepting grant request applications for spring review, the Buchanan County Health Trust is a nonprofit organization exclusively for charitable, education, and scientific purposes which benefit or support the medical and health care for persons within Buchanan County. Since its foundation in 1989, the Health Trust has granted over $500,000 to nonprofit organizations in Buchanan County.
The deadline to submit a grant request application is January 15th. Applications can be found online at BuchananHealthTrust.com. For more information about the Buchanan County Health Trust, please contact 319-332-0905.