(Independence, IA)-The Buchanan County Health Trust is pleased to award over $20,000 to the following organizations, providing funding for or towards health related projects and equipment.
- $10,000 to Jesup Ambulance Association to go towards the purchase of a Zoll X-Series Monitor
- $4,100 to BCHC Wound Center for advanced medical-grade lighting equipment
- $2,500 to the Winthrop C&C Club to go towards the funding of a multi-purpose activity court
- $2,000 to BCHC Clinical Education to go towards the purchase of an adult mannequin/simulator for training purposes
- $1,600 to BCHC Emergency Department for an AccuVein vein locater
- $889 to BCHC Surgery Department for a prone view patient positioner
- $500 to Kidsville Early Learning Center to go towards the purchase of equipment for a health and wellness fitness program
Currently accepting grant request applications for January review, the Buchanan County Health Trust is a nonprofit organization exclusively for charitable, education, and scientific purposes which benefit or support the medical and health care for persons within Buchanan County. Since its foundation in 1989, the Health Trust has granted over $530,000 to nonprofit organizations within Buchanan County.
The next deadline to submit a grant request application is January 15th. Applications can be found online at BuchananHealthTrust.com. For more information about the Buchanan County Health Trust, please contact 319-332-0905.