On March 8th, the Buchanan County Health Trust held their first meeting of 2018, welcoming new board members Tricia Beatty and Kristen Jensen. Members of the Buchanan County Health Trust Board of Directors also include Stephanie Berns (President), Tanya Greiner (Vice President), Michelle McBride (Secretary/Treasurer), Scott Meador, Ann Kegler, and Mark Collett.
The Buchanan County Health Trust was pleased to award over $21,000 to the following organizations to provide funding for or towards health related projects and equipment.
- $600 to the Buchanan County Sheriff’s Department for “Stop the Bleed” kits
- $1,217 to the Independence Fire Department for a lift assist device
- $1,851 to Rowley Fire & EMS for updated emergency equipment
- $3,500 to the Buchanan County EMS Association to go towards the purchase of county-wide AEDs for local law enforcement
- $5,000 to the City of Jesup to go towards the completion of the new Jesup Emergency Services Facility
- $9,374 to Buchanan County Health Center; Surgery Department for slide boards, Wound Center for AED, and Specialty Clinic for bladder scanner
Currently accepting grant request applications for July review, the Buchanan County Health Trust is a nonprofit organization exclusively for charitable, education, and scientific purposes which benefit or support the medical and health care for persons within Buchanan County. Since its foundation in 1989, the Health Trust has granted over $540,000 to nonprofit organizations in Buchanan County.
The deadline to submit a grant request application is June 15th. Applications can be found online at BuchananHealthTrust.com. For more information about the Buchanan County Health Trust, please call 319-332-0905.
Picture 1: Buchanan County Sheriff’s Department: Sheriff Bill Wolfgram with BCHT Board President Stephanie Berns
Picture 2: Buchanan County EMS Assoc.: Rob Gibber and Mitchell Frank with BCHT Board Members Stephanie Berns and Tanya Greiner
Picture 3: Buchanan County Health Center: Board President Stephanie Berns with Jennie Goos, Surgery, Angie Youngblut, Wound Center, and Amy Van Scoyoc, Specialty Clinic
Picture 4: Independence Fire Department: Blake Hayward with BCHT Board Members Stephanie Berns, Tanya Greiner, & Kristen Jensen
Picture 5: City of Jesup- Jesup Emergency Services Facility: Fritz Kies, BCHT Board President Stephanie Berns, and Kay Alferink
Picture 6: Rowley Fire & EMS: Kim Coleman with BCHT Board President Stephanie Berns